Συζήτηση χρήστη:John Vandenberg
I noticed that you started uploading facsimile pages of the Bible to this site. Before contituing with your project, please give the rest of us an overview of your project at the Village Pump. I m wondering what is the aim of having a facsimile edition of the Bible here, it is not an original document. You will have noticed that the Bible already exists at this site. See Αγία Γραφή. AndreasJS 19:38, 3 Ιουλίου 2008 (UTC)
Please make sure that you use proper Unicode. For example, the lower-case mu is wrong in your pages. You are using µ (00B5, MICRO SIGN) instead of the correct μ (03BC).
- I just noticed the mu's are wrong all over the New Testament. I am going to fix them by bot. AndreasJS 20:39, 3 Ιουλίου 2008 (UTC)
- Primarily I am setting up a transcription project, to find and fix any bugs in the technology. I will describe the project on the Village Pump in the next few days.
- The facsimile edition is important for the reasons you have just pointed out: the errors can be spotted more easily. Also, this facsimile edition will assist the reader to determine that there are no errors, which makes the text more trustworthy. Jayvdb 23:14, 3 Ιουλίου 2008 (UTC)
There are two things that do not work yet:
- At the index page, clicking on the "Edit" tab gives an ordinary edit, whereas with other Wikisources, a form is displayed to assist in editing
- At the index page, all the pages have red links
Could you help fixing ths\i? Thanks, AndreasJS 20:59, 4 Ιουλίου 2008 (UTC)
- I presume those two will be fixed once the namespaces exist. Jayvdb 00:02, 5 Ιουλίου 2008 (UTC)